Long-term care home at Runnymede
Runnymede is building a 200-bed long-term care (LTC) home adjacent to the existing hospital. The addition of 200 long-term care beds on our property positions us perfectly to provide a full range of care to support seniors in our community in a timely fashion and reduce the incredible wait times to which they have been subjected.
Runnymede has a rich 75-year history in the Parkdale – High Park community and strong ties to Toronto’s Little Malta neighbourhood in which we are situated. Currently, this cultural group does not have a dedicated LTC program anywhere in Ontario. We are delighted to be able to designate some of the beds in our planned LTC home for the Maltese population. Not only will this provide them with the care they need as they age, it will allow them to stay close to their homes, families, and community.
We want to hear from you
Runnymede is committed to listening to its community; if you would like to provide feedback on the proposed long-term care home, send an email to email@example.com or complete the form below with your name and contact information:
News and updates
Want to stay up-to-date on the latest news and update about our proposed long-term care home? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and ask to opt in for email updates and visit this page regularly.
Have questions about applying for a bed in a long-term care home? Currently, access to long-term care is arranged by Home and Community Care Support Services. To start the application process, please contact your Home and Community Care Support Services or visit the Government of Ontario's long-term care web page.
Runnymede recently re-submitted an application to the City of Toronto to permit construction of our new long-term care home. You can view the application and related documentation on the City of Toronto’s Application Information Centre webpage.
- Long-Term Care Building Update - February 3, 2023
- Long-Term Care Building Update - October 6, 2022
- Long-Term Care Building Update - March 30, 2022
- Long-Term Care Building Update - February 9, 2022
- Long-Term Care Building Update - January 10, 2022
- Long-Term Care Building Update - November 10, 2021
- Long-Term Care Building Update - October 1, 2021
- Long-Term Care Building Update - August 31, 2021
- Long-Term Care Building Update - July 28, 2021
- Long-Term Care Building Update - June 30, 2021
- Long-Term Care Building Update - June 4, 2021
- Long-Term Care Building Update - April 28, 2021
- Long-Term Care Building Update - April 14, 2021
- Community Consultation Session with Councilor Gord Perks
- Construction Vibration "Zone of Influence" & Pre-Construction Studies
- New Entry Point for Patients, Staff and Visitors - Pedestrian Pathway - March 23, 2021
- New Entry Points for Patients, Staff and Visitors in Vehicles - March 23, 2021
- Construction Management Plan - February 18, 2021
- Long-Term Care Building Update - February 12, 2021
- Ministry of Long-Term Care Meeting Presentation - February 21, 2020
- Updated 5-storey LTC Building Rendering
- Community Meeting Presentation - October 1, 2019
- Community Meeting Presentation - April 25, 2019
- Frequently Asked Questions about Runnymede’s Long-Term Care Home
- Facts about long-term care in Ontario and Toronto