Summer Youth Volunteer Program
The Summer Youth Volunteer Program provides students with an opportunity to develop their leadership potential while making a seasonal commitment to Runnymede. Designed to introduce the students to a healthcare setting, volunteer assignments are as diverse as the volunteers themselves. Participating in the program is an excellent way to grow personally and gain new career perspectives, all while earning high school community service hours.
We are now accepting applications for the Summer Youth Program 2020. The closing date for submissions is April 30, 2020.
Here are some examples of how youth volunteers can make a difference in the lives of patients:
- Creative Arts: Help our patients enjoy art groups, knitting, crafts and more by setting up programs and providing assistance
- Music Lovers: Volunteers can be a part of our music program by performing for small groups of patients on patient care units, or leading sing-a-longs
- Friendly Visiting: A volunteer can spend quality time regularly with a patient, providing one-on-one social interaction
To qualify for the Summer Youth Volunteer Program, you must:
- Be at least fifteen years old
- Make a three-month commitment to volunteering six hours per week on weekdays or weekends
- Have an interest in visiting and spending time with patients
Once your application has been reviewed, you may be contacted to schedule an interview.